Youth Need-based Scholarships
Covering partial or full tuition costs to Drawing Center programs
Funded by the Woodward Trust
[ APPLY HERE ]
At Manifest we want to provide the opportunity for young people to test and possibly pursue a career in the arts, including fine art or design. Studying short or long courses or attending Open Sessions at the Drawing Center is a perfect opportunity not only for youth to gain knowledge and skill, and test their interests, but also an incredibly valuable and rare chance to work side-by-side with some of the best working artists and professors in our region. This mixed culture at the Drawing Center is one of its critical values for any participant.
Qualifications (How can I get a scholarship?)
The Woodward Trust Scholarships are open to high school students in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. These scholarships are awarded based primarily on financial need, not merit. So work samples as proof of artistic ability are not required. These things will be required in order for you to be considered for a Woodward Scholarship:
- Minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Online application form including a brief statement of why you want to study at Manifest
- Letter of recommendation from academic reference (teacher, counselor, etc.)
Financial Documentation (How do I qualify for financial aid?)
The Woodward Trust Scholarship is intended for those who would otherwise be prevented in participating in Manifest programming, due to financial barriers. Please provide one of the following, stating your eligibility for financial assistance:
- A letter from your principal or counselor stating your eligibility for financial assistance and verifying your GPA
- A letter from your principal or counselor stating your participation in the free lunch program at your school, and verifying your GPA
- Proof of participation in CHIP or Medicaid programs
- Copy of the front page of your parent or guardian’s 1040 tax form documenting that you fall within the federal poverty guidelines: http://aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines (Please obscure any sensitive information such as social security numbers and dates of birth.)
What if I don’t qualify for financial assistance? Please consider applying for the Manifest Artistic Merit Scholarship, open to high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors who show artistic promise.
at Manifest's Drawing Center Studios in Madisonville at 4905 Whetsel Avenue (second floor) (see map and directions below). Manifest's studio facility provides two classrooms totalling over 3500 square-feet. The
studios are outfitted with professional equipment, furniture, and study aids.
Programs (What does a scholarship give me?)
A Woodward Trust Scholarship can cover all or part of the tuition for any program not already provided free for students. Specific award amounts will be determined by our committee, and partially based on the materials provided in the application but will be no more than $1000 in value. Funds are limited so early application is highly recommended.
Programs include (but are not limited to):
- Drawing Fundamentals (College-prep type drawing classes for art and design)
- Weekly Open Figure Life Drawing Sessions*
- QUICKDRAW Open Life Drawing Gesture Sessions*
- Drawing Marathons*
- Manifest Visiting Artist Workshops
- Other special workshops and courses offered on an ongoing basis
(When will I know and how long does it last?)
There are no deadlines for the Woodward Trust Scholarship, and you are encouraged to apply at any time. We will review and award scholarships as quickly as possible to the most qualified and serious applicants. We want to encourage and support as much study as we can.
Scholarship Award recipients must make good use of the opportunity, remaining in good standing with Manifest, otherwise the scholarship is subject to being revoked. We also ask that recipients provide documentation of their accomplishments at the Drawing Center, and be open to providing feedback.
We will aim to notify applicants within two weeks of receiving all required materials. (This is an approximate timeframe.)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-861-3638.
[ APPLY HERE ]